Wednesday 18 January 2012

2011 in review

Well, it seems there are a lot of bloggers out there summarizing the year just gone, so I thought (belatedly!) I'd have a go, too.

In January I went to ATYN for the first time, and gradually started to go more often as I found the set up (especially the spot lights!) great - and the short poses fun. This lead to me meeting Donna , who encouraged me to join Etsy. I had been thinking about selling my artwork (especially drawings) more directly as I felt that the feedback would be really useful. The Etsy community have been lovely and I have had several watercolours wing their way over to America, which is rather cool.

This Blog also "went live" and has gained several followers - hello peeps! Reading other blogs has become a more regular habit, helping me learn all sorts of useful stuff - not least, about the Art Students League in New York. Where I am going for an arts residency in May.

Art Exposure Gallery has been showing my work regularly and I started showing at The Virginia Gallery after taking part in a show organised by Fiona Wilson

What else? A trip to Amsterdam gave me quite a boost, leading to one of my paintings being accepted by the RGI - and selling on the opening night.

So, a good year overall, with the main problems being my health - particularly the dratted shoulder and its operation in May. This has forced me to rethink my painting methods and work much smaller. It also limits what I can carry and my ability to get out and about - I swear the only nice weather we had was just after the op! Still, did manage one plein air painting trip and being focused must surely be a good thing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment